Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Am I the only one here with a classic truck?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 66 chevyman, Dec 25, 2013.

1. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman Member 100 Posts

SO I am not the ONLY one with a pre-74 chevy right!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!? I mean there have to be some people here with a classic!!!!!!! C'mon ya'alls with a classic GM or chevy truck from 1911-1974!!!!! Post some pictures!!! Lets see what ya have!!!! Here is mine!!!! 1966 C-10 with a 292 inline 6 banger.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      87 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      68.8 KB
      Views:
    • 033.jpg
      033.jpg
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I wish I had a 71-72

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Great looking truck! Tell us more about the motor. Is that a crate motor or did you rebuild it? How much of it is original?

4. raheelbs

raheelbs New Member

It's too classy, everyone would want to have this one..!!! And great job if you've rebuild it..!

5. 66 chevyman

Well it is faaaar from rebuilt my friend! LOL! The 292 has 140,000 original miles on it. And no it isn't a crate engine(wish it was:lol:). All the motor is stock except for the intake manifold, exhaust headers, carburetor, and an HEI. It is getting to be the time for a rebuild....but it sure does run strong though. The carb is an Edelbrock 600 cfm manual choke 4 barrel, Motor isn't to overcarbed.....I can floor it in all gears and it won't flood out. Not a ton of power, but it does its job. I have dual flowmaster 40 series mufflers for the exhaust and when I hit 3,500 rpm the flowmaster tone kicks in and man does it sound wicked! LOL! Thanks for the compliments!
    No, the motor isn't rebuild yet...will be in a year or so. Never really thought it was that classy! LOL! Its just my ol farm truck with a little chrome. :great:Thanks for the compliments!

6. ezfrank

ezfrank New Member

I love ol classic trucks trying to find one locally but not to rusty will see what happens Sweet truck by the way

7. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

I really like it, nice to see a "6 popper" dressed up with some performance parts on it. I put lots of miles on a couple chevy pickups back in my "oil patch" days. I always appreciated the stump pulling torque of the 292. I've got a couple older Chevy trucks on the ranch, will get some pictures someday. My only antique is my '48 Willys truck - OK, not Chevy, but powered by Chevy - make it an 'honorary' Chevy?

Attached Files:

8. cobra2end

cobra2end Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 64 short bed step side. Just haven't had time to do much to it. Great truck it will start even when its to cold for my 97 lol.I think my truck has more colors then yours :) and prob more rust but mine is just around yard work truck.most people use a wheeler or garden tractor me I use something I can count on to start and run

9. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

good friend of mine has one of these too. 350/np435 4x4. Geared so low he only has a top speed of 45mph, but it will pull a loaded freight train if he so desires! Lol

10. 66 chevyman

Well, At least I am not the ONLY one here with a pre-73! LOL!