1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

American cars are getting better!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McClintoc, Jul 25, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

:party::party::party:

I figured American car manufacturers would catch up eventually
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

I actually saw that on my CNN app on my phone. I was really surprised, but it is a sharp looking car.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It is indeed a great looking car. As I have mentioned before, I will be buying a new car around tax refund time next year. I briefly considered a new Impala and the Consumer Reports thumbs-up certainly made a great case for it. However, it just doesn't have the engine/drive train options I am looking for. I want a manula, RWD V-8. The Impala has either a 2.5L 4-cyl (on a full-sized sedan, wtf?) or a 3.6L V-6 and FWD. Blah. Still nice to see that American cars are improving, though.
  5. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The 2.5L is available for the Impala (it has 197HP), but most people will get the V6.

If you want a RWD V8 sedan with a manual transmission, your choices are limited.

Chevrolet SS
    Cadillac CTS-V
    BMW M5

There might be a few I'm missing, but the segment is pretty thin.
  6. McClintoc

Yup, the SS and the CTS-V are at the top of my list but pricey. I may have to drop the rear doors and get a Camaro.
  7. stchman

I know the CTS-V is pricey, but has GM announced pricing on the new SS? I would bet it will be less than a CTS-V.

A Camaro with a V8 isn't going to be cheap either.
  8. McClintoc

I haven't seen anything official but what I have seen suggests it will be in the low to mid 40s which is half the price of a new CTS-V.

I am really looking at a pre-owned CTS-V for now. I know I can't afford a new one but there are some decently priced pre-owns out there.
  9. stchman

A loaded 2014 Impala runs ~$42K. You can get a well loaded CTS-V for $63K as GM is giving $5K cash back on the 2013 models.

My big thing about the 2013 CTS-V is that chicken wire looking upper and lower grill. IMO it looks horrible. Hopefully the 2014 CTS-V will have a much nicer looking front end.
  10. McClintoc

I thought CTS-Vs were in the 80s?

Also, I love the mesh grilles so I'm good there.