1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

American Made Index- How much of your truck is American Made??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

When can we start? tomorrow?
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i think a minefield would work great! keeps the north koreans from heading south....

Alex
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

It seems to work everywhere. Why do we not implement it here? Seems like we aren't as worried about USA security
  4. Ape

Ape Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I like those ideas! :glasses:

The tough part is getting the jobs back into the US. And that wont happen until we have a big change on all sides of government isles!
  5. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I have taken many things apart on my truck. Granted, it is not new at all. But it is 100% USA/Canada made.

And we don't get "jobs back in the US" until it is financially better here than over in China. And if you think that has anything to do with which politicians are in office, you are dreaming. Big business will do what gives them the best profit margin. It costs more for labor here. What will bring the labor back will be complaints from the parent company that the factories in China have poor quality control and that they feel it is better here.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Rockstar 100 Posts

i can say with honesty that for sure my suspension parts(both parts i bought and parts that i made) are made in america. about 25% of my wires are made in america. other than that it would be a lie to say anything else was. if it was or was not i dont know and there for will not say it was. even my solder is mostly made in mexico. some is made in china. we have to many global warming nuts and tree huggers here for any manufacture to bring anything back to america. disband peta, disband epa and you will start seeing (MADE IN USA) again.
  7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree 100% that made in America needs to make a return and I also agree with your idea on how to make that happen. I will add that although so many things are made overseas now it is a small comfort to me to at least buy from an American company where the profits come back here. Profit is in fact the reason companies exist. Go U.S.A. :great:
  8. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Wow. You must believe there really is a tooth fairy and an Easter Bunny.

EPA and PETA have nothing to do with manufacturing being outsourced overseas. Talk to any CEO. Our labor costs here are "too high" for them. They are too high because unions make it that way. If you want change, go get unions to change how they negotiate new contracts. Strikes are what cause companies to turn a blind eye to labor here and go overseas or locate plants in right to work states. I am a former Teamster and Retail Clerk, but all they ever did for me was take my dues.
  9. camaro_guy_z28

camaro_guy_z28 New Member

The EPA has alot to do with outsourcing, many foreign countries do not have all the environmental laws we now have in this country and can pretty much do what they want overseas. While i want to have clean water and clean air etc etc the EPA is totally out of control.