American Made?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by donyms, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'm sorry did not mean to get you mad at me :( I just hate Co's that say American made when they are NOT just to make a sale..

After being in the Aftermarket World for over 20 years I hate to say it but A ton of parts out there that say American made are Not Shame but True...

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It takes a lot more than that to make me mad. I just felt that if I posted something that was not accurate that you could have sent me a PM to inform me as opposed to confronting me on this publicly. I called the company this morning and they admitted that there Cowl hoods are made in their factory in Taiwan "at least it's not China" and their replacement hoods are made in the USA. I told him that I felt there website was misleading about where they were made, he simply denied it. I was simply trying to get others to see that there are some USA made parts out there and perhaps other members could tell us about others that they have found. I am very patriotic and I try so hard to support my country. I just felt that your intent was to prove me wrong for the sake of you being right "Publicly" and this was not my intent for this thread. God Bless America, we sure need it.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I said before I am sorry Yes there are a few Co's that DO make stuff here in NJ and I too wish there were more But when you can make something like a Steel hood over seas for about $150 ea with a 300 Min hood buyin and the same thing here cost about 300-400 ea then you will see why they do it...

When I was working for Goodmark the underside of the steel hoods were factory made by the same Co overseas that makes them for GM thats why they fit so well..All the Co's over there did was put a different skin on top of the undersides...