1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Amp interface for factory head unit 2010 silverado

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by jjsams21, Mar 21, 2010.

1. jjsams21

jjsams21 New Member

Will the PAC Audio AOEM-GM1416 amp interface work on a 2010 Silverado (non bose)? The listing is for a 2009, but I'm hoping they are the same.

I want to add an amp and 1 12" sub under the rear seat of my crew cab but I want to keep the factory head unit. (has bluetooth etc...) This interface would do the trick. I tried searching, but only found older models with the Pac audio.

On a side note, anyone make a single 12" enclosure with any cubic footage? About .80 seems to be the norm. Maybe I'll make one.

Thanks!
  2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Not really sure about the adapter, I spliced mine into the speaker wires. I built a single enclosure for my 12" Sony Xplod, and I'm running about 1.2 cubic feet of space or so i think. Hope this helps!
  3. jjsams21

jjsams21 New Member

Works!

:party:I bought the interface anyway. Works great. Comes with front and rear outputs and the remote turn on lead. Tucked it in the dash and no splicing!! Finally some bass!:party:
  4. daweinah

daweinah Rockstar 100 Posts

Can you link the item you purchased?
  5. agerangere5

agerangere5 Member

i went the same route with keeping my factory radio and installing a line out converter. i went with the 4 channel scosche unit though. thing works great. just taped into the rear door speakers.
    this is the one i used. it sounds great with a 1200 watt amp and 2 10's under the back seat. almost a little to much though. i still need to tweak it a little. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4/Scosche-SLC4.html?tp=2001
  6. jjsams21

jjsams21 New Member

7. agerangere5

agerangere5 Member

according to that page i have a bose system and it wouldnt work. but i have a ls model. so i am a little confused there is no sub and nothing saying bose anywhere in the truck. plus i had the rear doors off to hook up my line out converter and the speakers are paper which will be the next thing to go! but if i have 5 eq settings on the radio how does that make it a bose system? just currious sorry for hijacking the thread
  8. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone know if one of these would give you the ability to run 2 amps? one for highs and one for a sub? i dont know much about this stuff...
  9. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

All righty then! :lol:
  10. jjsams21

jjsams21 New Member

There are 2 sets of preamp outputs (1 front, 1 rear) so you could use the front set for highs.