1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

amp placement

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by smpoulin1, Jan 26, 2009.

1. smpoulin1

smpoulin1 Member

Hey all,

Looking to see if anyone has a good place to mount an amplifier in a 08 Sierra ext cab. I have two subs in a box to go under the rear seat so that area is out. The amp is 15 3/4" X 9 1/2" X 2 1/2". It wont fit in the console either. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
  2. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

I have an 07 Silverado and have two 12" subs under my back seat all in one case. I mounted the amp on the floor since the middle of the sub woofer case had some space. Its hard to explain if you need some pics I can probably take some.

Robert
  3. pmpddyd1

pmpddyd1 New Member

the box i got had a recess in between the 2 subs. let see if i cant put the pic in here. 2 10's amp and epicenter
    [​IMG]
  4. wigwag78

wigwag78 New Member

Under the passenger seat is pretty common.
  5. goodie

goodie Rockstar

behind the rear seats maybe?
  6. MannyO

MannyO Member

i have an 08 ext cab z71 and i put mine behind my back seat your not going to be able to mount it on the wall pretty high so it has to basically be as low as possible on the driver's side of your backseat.
  7. DerronCK

DerronCK New Member

My buddy has an 08 with subs under his rear seat and the amp hard mounted behind the back seat against the wall. Good luck
  8. smpoulin1

smpoulin1 Member

Thanks guys!!
  9. MannyO

MannyO Member

o i forgot to mention before you actually screw your amp in place you might want to use some double sided tape and see if the seat will set in with the amp placement. GOOD LUCK is the correct words for this :grrrrrr: <----- this was me for a while.