1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

amp turn-on wire

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by TrailFiend, Dec 17, 2007.

1. TrailFiend

TrailFiend Rockstar

i just took the alpine cd deck out of my other car and put it in my 99' tahoe...but, the only wire that i couldnt find was the amp turn-on wire(blue/white). so, i connected the power antenna wire(blue) to my alpine. does anyone know what i can use as the amp turn-on wire once i connect an amp? thanks for the help.
  2. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

Do you actually have a power antenna? just checking im pretty sure you dont, but either way, i read your post a couple times and dont understand why your connecting any amp/antenna turn on wire to the deck if you dont have an amp yet?, if it came with a factory amp, and thats what your talking about when you say hooked up the power antenna to my alpine, then thats perfectly fine, when you do hook up an amp in this situation, its best to eliminate the factory amp as it may blow, but some say otherwise, either way if your hooking up both, try hooking up both to the power antenna, try to see if it works, on cd, and fm (some recievers turn the antenna off when not in use, anywas it may be to much juice for one wire, if so, hook up one to the RED (IGN/ACC) wire and thats the end of it.