1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AMS EA Air filter, Anyone use one?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Falcone, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Falcone

Falcone New Member

Well thanks to Scott from 1st Synthetics he ordered me a AMSOIL EA Air filter since it was seeming to be quite the hassel to find one local in store and I should be reciving it tommororw then going to doing my Emissions test soon after. I'm just wondering if anyone has first hand use of one yet? Its supposed to be better then the K&N in a flow test and such.

Also what do you guys think about the "lid flip" mod. Ie turning your air box lid upsidedown to create a gap. I've been running my truck for about 4 days like this and can really notice a difference in power at higher rpms. mI know I should flip it back if I'm going anywhere really dusty or if its pouring rain but otherwise its good right? I figure its like a edlebrock aircleaner but ghetto style.