1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AMSOIL's Duel By-Pass oil Filter Install

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by 1st Synthetics, Feb 27, 2009.

1. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi everyone my name is Scott Douglass And I am the supporting AMSOIL T-1 Certified Dealer here on GMTruckClub.com. I just received my Duel By-Pass oil filtration set-up in the mail today. So this is my first post of many on how to install it. I will also do updates over time showing the oil analysis results when they get done.

I got home today and there it was sitting on the porch. I had that kid in a candy store feeling, you all know what I'm talking about. Took into the garage and opened it up. It was well packaged and everything looked great.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. 1st Synthetics

3. 1st Synthetics

4. 1st Synthetics

5. 1st Synthetics

So I will be installing it tomorrow sometime. Laying the parts out is as far as I got. More posts to come....
  6. 1st Synthetics

So I washed my truck this morning before I got it up on the lift. Oh ya it was cold and I missed a few spots, but I got all the mud off. First thing that needs to be done is make sure all the parts are there and you have all the right tools. Instruction Manual click here Then I found where I wanted to mount it. I have seen a few that mount it right by the existing oil filter location, but you need to stand it off the frame. Then it is right between the drive shaft and torsion bar. I did not care for that location so I decided to put it behind the transmission on the drivers side frame rail. I cut a piece of stainless steel I had layng around for a back plate (do not need but I had it so I used it).
    [​IMG]

After marking the holes in the plate and frame I drilled them both out and mounted with 1/4" hardware.

[​IMG]

Here is what the stock oil filter looks like....
    [​IMG]

More to come in another post
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  7. 1st Synthetics

Just thought I would post a picture of my truck up on the hoist...

[​IMG]

And a pic of the bypass filter; 98.7% Efficient at 2 microns

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

very well kept posting. keep us in the loop
  9. 1st Synthetics

Going to a B-day party with the kids for a bit. I'll finish tonite if I can.
  10. 1st Synthetics

Bracket install

So the next step was mounting the bracket and filter mount assembly. There are actually 2 brackets, 1 goes across the top of the filter mount with 4 bolts that go through it. The second on goes on the bottom(2 of the bolt go through this 1), like a sandwich. This adds strength and stability. As seen I added in the "o" ring hose fitting adapters and 1 plug. The oil sample valve will go in the other hole later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]