1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

And yet another leveling kit question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by OneWheelWonder, Feb 5, 2011.

1. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

Considering i drive a base model single cab pickup the rake on my truck just looks flat out dumb IMO. i have been researching lift and leveling kits for some time now but was still a little unsure about this. Is it required that you put new shocks on as well or will oem work? I may just do shocks anyways so what are some decent shocks to use? I do minimal off road but do haul from time to time (all light things tho)
  2. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I have heard you can use the OEM shocks most kits come with a shock extension for the factory shocks for after market shocks bilsteins are pretty good.
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You can use torsion keys in the front for up to 3" of lift without replacing the shocks, I ran mine for 2 years that way. Also had 3" block in place of the 2" factory block in the rear to level it out.
  4. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

Excellent thanks for the info guys. And one more question. Anybody used the Rough Country shocks? Im a little skeptical of using them have heard about some bad quality coming from there parts....not the shocks in particular but it seems everything they offer is priced way way cheaper than other companies. And you know the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true, It probably is"
  5. MoveOver4Z

MoveOver4Z Member

Ive heard shaddy things about RC but you can always keep your OEM shocks and just get the 2" CCM spacers for your front, I had a set from Skyjacker for 3years
    on my 08.
  6. Jay

Jay Rockstar

I have the Rough Country Leveling Kit in my truck. I had have had it for a while now and I love it. Just my opinion....it depends on who you talk to. I have heard others speaking poorly of the quality, performance, customer service, etc... I have not had a negative experience in any of those areas. Now that I vouched for the company my wheels will probably fall off!!! LOL!
  7. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

LOL!!
    Did you use just the keys? Or did you buy the full kit with Keys, Blocks, Shocks, Ubolts, etc.