Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Annoying squeal driving me insane!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by norcalbear05, May 9, 2009.

1. norcalbear05

norcalbear05 Rockstar

having the same squeal and mine also started after putting on my intake however i dont see how that would have any effect.

i know for sure its not the serp belt so i guess i need to check the AC belt, bearings, and tensioner.

not too sure if this has anything to do with it but i noticed on simliar thread someone mentioned the AC compressor and i remembered that before fixing front end collision damage last summer i had to have vacuumed out all the AC gasses from the lines so i could un hook everything and never got the AC recharged, i did this before leaving for boot camp last summer so i forgot all about it and the guy who did it for me told me not to run the AC and now that its heating up i realised i ran my AC and couldnt figure out why it was spitting out hot air.

could that have an effect on the compressor that could be causing the squeal?
    will keep an update.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

When does it actually squeal? Under load or just at idol, in gear when turnign the tires and not moving, need some more info/details.
  3. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider Rockstar 100 Posts

here's you a link to anything and everything to do with the a/c compressor...http://www.aa1car.com/library/2003/ic50350.htm... this should help you determine if thats the problem or not..... my second guess would be the idler pulley, those are pretty common to seize up.
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  4. norcalbear05

norcalbear05 Rockstar

thanks for the help but i think i have it pin pointed to maybe a bearing in the alt., sprayed some and seemed to go away for a while then came back.

will try a few more things and let ya know. thanks again