1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another 2007 5.3 Silverado Dead but not without a Fight

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Reviews' started by doublevenum, Jun 6, 2013.

1. doublevenum

doublevenum New Member

Ferman Pull out.jpg median.jpg

In 2007 I purchased my dream truck from Ferman Chevrolet on Adamo Drive in Tpa Fl for $45,000. I had every suggested service required performed and have documentation to this fact. I still had transmission related issues 7 times and engine (5.3 AFM) related issues 4 times during this period. They had to replace the pistons, cam shaft and lifters as well 22k miles ago.

The transmission and engine finally went out completely and I took it back to Ferman to have it repaired under warranty where they replaced the transmission with a rebuilt one. After 11 months and 12074 miles that transmission is out and my truck has sat in their repair facility while we tried to get them to do the right thing and repair it under warranty. Ferman would not complete the repair under warranty, they advised they would pay half to rebuild the transmission and my half would be $1900 and I would have 12k mile warranty.
    Upon checking on the cost I found that I can buy a GM transmission with 100,000 mile warranty for $1700 and pay $300 installation at another facility. I think Ferman was trying to pull one over on me. Overall I am paying $8000 to have a new engine and transmission put in the truck.

I am at war with Ferman Chevrolet and I want people to know what happened to me and how they treated me when the vehicle had so many problems. Please share this with your friends so that others can also see and share this information with others.
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. Now that's what I call standing up for what's right. Great job :great: I hope everything works out for you and I think I would have done something similar. Fortunately my Chevy dealer is fantastic. Good luck on the resolution of this problem.
  3. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

Did you ever contact GM about the vehicle?

Also, many are aware that you don't have to take the vehicle back to the dealer you bought it from. I'm sure there were numerous Chevrolet dealerships in the Tampa area.
  4. RadoRage

RadoRage New Member

Yeah, if its not too late and with the existing problems, I'd try a different dealership.

Welcome to the site.
  5. doublevenum

doublevenum New Member

I contacted GM they offered to pay 1/2 of the repair, I declined the repair because the have repaired the engine 5 times last time was 22k miles ago pistons, rings, cam, lifter, trans 6 times just to replace it with a remanufactor tranny 11 months 12074 miles ago and now its out. I suggested a new trans and engine and pay 1/2 they refused. I think they are just putting a bandaid on things.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I understand this is your dream truck, the part I dont understand is why instead of continuing to repair the vehicle GM didnt offer up a great deal on a similarly equipt newer vehicle.
    This option would make more sense to me because not only would you remove an obviously problematic vehicle that seems destined to continue to have warranty related issues but you also improve a customer relation thats quickly going south and will affect other sales whether their with this customer or others he comes in contact with.
    I dont know Florida Lemon laws but I would believe in most states you have enough issues to persue a case against them. Also why are you waiting for them " to do the right thing" and not persuing this in arbitration.
    If it were me Id be hammering them from every angle possible.
  7. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those stickers are awesome!!! I would have loved to see the expressions on thier face with that being towed into the lot. Sorry to hear about all the problems though that kind of stuff makes me furious.
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

****Thread Moved Here*****
  9. doublevenum

doublevenum New Member

As a 32 yr business owner myself I would have done most anything to satisfy my customer so I wouldn't get the negative feed back. I have retained an attorny and asked about the lemon ads, he say's its ok. Freedom of speech. I am now waiting on a protest permit to be issued, Thats gonna be interesting.
  10. Good for you for standing up to them. Hopefully you can get them to give in and make things right.