Another 5.3 with AFM bites the dust ~ Chevrolet Active Fuel Management Problems

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by hblock72, Jan 19, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Can you post a pic of this button?
  2. msw007

msw007 New Member

Yeah is that the thing that looks like the old trip reset button?
    A picture would be nice :)
  3. msw007

msw007 New Member

Can you turn it off on a 2007 5.3L with the dash or trip button?
    I tried the trip button and nothing.
    What am I missing here?
  4. RVJ

RVJ Member 100 Posts

What button?
  5. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member 100 Posts

Am so glad I got the 4.8 engine! It runs like a champ, and I thrash it! What I worry most about is separating a connecting rod. Sorry to hear about the cylinder management problem.
  6. Red Rado

Red Rado New Member

I couldn't find any menu option using any button in my truck. I think my only option for turning it off is a tuner or custom tune.
  7. RVJ

RVJ Member 100 Posts

I'm pretty sure you'r right.
  8. kevrev42274

kevrev42274 New Member

2010 Chevy Silverado now has 24000 miles on it. This is the 7th trip to the dealer. This will be the third time into the motor. It is new pistons and rings this time. It has had all lifters and valves replaced, valve covers replaced, oil splash diverter, spark plugs replaced 3 times on #1 and 7 cylinders. This is my first and last Chevy. Everyone in this post is correct GM owes us something. Can you say LEMON! The bad thing is the 2014 will have a 5.3 with the AFM, i hope they have figured it out.
  9. canadiantowman

canadiantowman New Member

Yeah it's called a class action law suit.
  10. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

kevrev42274. I am sorry you are experiencing the issues that you are experiencing with your 2010 Silverado. I would like to research the concern you are having. If you could provide me with some information via private message I like to get this started. Could I please have you VIN and the name and zip code of the dealer you have had your Silverado serviced?

Jennifer T,
    GM Customer Care Service