1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Another cam and performance question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Bigmacnchez, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

I just bought a few things for my truck and now I want to add a cam. My question is will the Diablo Trinity work with a cam change . And is there anything else other then forced induction and NOS for power.

I have done ,cold air intake, BBK headers, flowmaster cat back, and the Trinity.

2. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

sorry forgot it's a 2005 1500HD crew cab 6.0 auto 2wd

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If others can't answer this, perhaps @06MonteSS can answer this. He does custom tunes for Diablosport equipment and is on this site; I suspect he'd know.

4. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

it all depends on how wild/aggressive or mild you go with a cam... if you go pretty mild - like, the manufacturer says that a tune is not needed for it, then it shouldn't be an issue... the minor tweaks needed can be done with a custom tune....

if you go kind of wild/aggressive to pretty wild/aggressive, then you're gonna need to find yourself a diablosport dyno shop to get the thing tuned and dialed in with a custom tune....

so yeah, it alllllll depends on the cam you get... ;)

5. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

I want something I can tune with the trinity myself if possible.

6. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

If you're going to have pieces of the motor out already, why not go ahead and change out your heads/intake manifold if you wanna add more power without forced induction or a bottle?

Of course, doing so will change which cam setup you choose and also will most likely need a custom tune, rather than something you can do with the trinity.

Just realized that you're in Texas. Get in touch with the guys at Texas Speed out of Lubbock. LS motors are one of their specialties and they can help you get your hands on a setup that you wont have to do major customization to.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  7. Bigmacnchez

Bigmacnchez Member

Ok do you know if they have a web site?

8. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Yea I'm sure they do... don't know it off the top of my head, but google is a magical thing, can get their phone number and all from it haha!

Keep posted on what you decide to do. We went with the 228R cam in our Nightmare Edition "Lnasty2" we built. Waiting for break-in period to pass and then strapping the Colorado to a dyno... can't wait to see results. Half throttle feels like 400% throttle compared to stock.