Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another Code Problem, P0445

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Goldie, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My truck (4.3L engine) has thrown another code, P0445. This is Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted. I'm requesting assistance on how to locate and repair/replace the circuit. ANY help is greatly appreciated.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Picture Below is the...."Purge Control Valve"

[​IMG]

On "how to located" this Part:
    ...On my 5.3 liter, The Purge Control Valve"is Located on the Driver-Side of the Intake Manifold next to the Fuel Rails
    ...On your 07" GMC W/V-6 Engine, I'm not sure??...
    :neutral:

On...."repair/replace the circuit".....look at the Following,

...Check for a Rubbed-Through or Chafed Wiring Harness.
    ...Check Wires to see if they are shorted to each other, to Ground or Power.
    ...Visually Inspect the Vent Valve for Cracks or Damage.

3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Also, make sure the vacuum line is still good.
  4. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I found the purge valve on the passenger side of the intake manifold. After checking as your both suggested, I repalced the valve and did a 15+ mile test drive. Everything seems to be well now. The only "glitch" was trying to figure out how to disconnect the vacumn line connection. It was, however a good learning experience overall. Interstingly enough for the past couple of days the "tighten fuel cap" warning would come on after about 2 miles of driving. Today it did not so I feel the problem is fixed. And once again, thank you for your assitance.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Good news!