Another Dang Accident

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by CarpenterGuy, Jun 2, 2009.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

This accident wasn't my fault. We just bought a gently used '82 Ranger bass boat and we were pulling it home. As I was coming home, a drunk lady in a little Acura pulled out about 20 feet infront of me while i was going down a large hill. She left after she gave her info and the cops had to go pick her up lol. The boat was fine thank GOD but the truck needs fender work. All this happened saturday and we still havent heard from that lady's dang insurance company. I've had to drive my busted up truck around for a while now going to my jobs and stuff. so, all that being said, dont drink and drive.

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about the continue run of bad luck! At least you have yourself a boat?? My only hope in all this is that the Acura got a little more damaged than your truck?

3. CarpenterGuy

lol that acura has no butt section to say the least. the truck is just dented up and the bumper is a little twisted. it's not too bad for me, but her little POS is toast.

4. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Glad that everybody is ok though. Drunk Driving is no joke. I know many people who have been affected heavily by someone driving drunk. As for her car being toast, that's what she deserves for being stupid. Hope you can get your truck fixed soon.

-Greg

5. CarpenterGuy

i have someone coming today from our insurance company to asses the damage on the truck so they can write us a check. she doesn't have insurance so our company's gonna have to pay for it.

6. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

dang... that stinks. i hope your rates dont go up b/c of her stupidity

7. Mattdtrue

Mattdtrue Rockstar 100 Posts

Drunk & no insurance she should be in jail

8. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That SO totally sucks! Insurance company gets to sue her, though, right?

9. CarpenterGuy

i dont think any sueing will be going on unfortunatly. I think she should have the hell sued out of her. The truck is finaly in the shop and i should get it back in 7-8 days or so hopefully.

10. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that sucks, got to see some pics of the boat tho