1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another FNG; new Silverado joins it's older brother!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by RMC_SS_LDO, Oct 18, 2010.

1. RMC_SS_LDO

RMC_SS_LDO Member

Found this site while shopping for a new truck and discovered good info on our Tahoe as well.

I just added a 2010 Silverado LTZ 4X4 w/Z71 package. It joins the wife's 2008 Tahoe 4X4 Z71 and our 1987 R10 Silverado shortbed (WonderTruck). Yea, I guess we are a Chevy family...

[​IMG]

The '87 still starts 1st turn every time and manages to get about 16 MPG out of the original TBI 350 and 700R tranny!

/r

Allen
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site.Cool pic of your 3 rides,your 87 Silverado looks small compared to the Tahoe and your new Silverado,makes you realise how big the trucks have gotton over the past few decades.
  3. RMC_SS_LDO

RMC_SS_LDO Member

It is hard to get an apples-to-apples comparison since WonderTruck is a regular cab and SWB but it is obvious driving both!

I didn't realize how much longer the new truck is than the Tahoe until I tried to park it in the garage! I'm guessing the overall length is closer to a Suburban but never looked it up...

On a seperate note, the wife is already annoyed with me since I have started a list of stuff for the new truck including exhaust, bed-liner, retractable tonneau cover and such just to start!

/r

Allen
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Haha you've got a true family right there! :)
  5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!
  6. Block8head

Block8head Member

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

:)
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC! Good looking "family" of Chevys!
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. You've got a whole family of nice trucks there. Those new ones are cool, and it's not often you see an R10 that has been kept in that good of condition.