1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

another halo thread

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mehoff400, Aug 14, 2008.

1. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

i dont know if i want to get halo's or just diamond clear headlights and bumper lights......can't find many pics of any halo's on a 03-06 body style any one here got any pics??
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  2. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Older thread....but....the halos don't actually lend anything to the lighting itself. They are strictly for accent purposes. I would look more towards how you like the actually lights - projector, HID or otherwise.
  4. Trask215

Trask215 Rockstar 100 Posts

Alright, thanks.
  5. chadizzle1987

chadizzle1987 New Member

I purchased both these Halo Projector Fog lights and Headlights. The Halo ring is very cool and looks nice. but the lighting from the lights themselves was horrible. So i took them out and put the factory housings back in and purchased an HID kit. now i light up the night!!
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

DO NOT BUY THE HALOS!!!!!
    I had bought a set of the headlights and marker lenses with the halos in them, first off the workmanship was horrible. The turning signals filled up with water to the point they started growing black mold, there went $300. And then the headlights hardly put out any light at all, I was lucky if I could see twenty feet in front of the truck! My truck has a 6" lift with 35" tires, and those headlights will only let you adjust them so far down. They are definately a total waste of time and money, I took them back out and put the stock one's back in. I am now looking at getting the projector headlights for mine, with the new LED marker lights for the corners. DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU LIKE HEADACHES!!!!!!!.............TRPLXL2
  7. norcalbear05

norcalbear05 Rockstar

what brand of halos did you buy that you were so upset with?

unfortunately before reading this thread i bought a pair from ANZO.

they look nice but i havnt put them on yet so now im a little worried.

i was also wondering if i put them on is it possible to still have aan HID kit with them?
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I bought the Matrix projector headlights, they were one of the first companies to produce them 3 years ago. I am sorry if I freaked you out about them but it is all true, I guess they are one of those hit or miss items that people buy. 50% will say dude those are awesome, and the other 50% will say oh man those things are horrible. My friend has a Colorado with projector headlights from Anzo and his are fine, he has had no problems with them and they are 2 years old. As far as the HID's I have no idea, I try to stay away from that kind of thing because of my warranty and the strict cops around here.
  9. norcalbear05

norcalbear05 Rockstar

well ill keep you updated and let you know how they turn out. im still waiting for the upgraded bulbs to put them on. they look clean out of the box i cant wait, if now i can only find a set of clear corners that dont look so cheap.