1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another new guy...thinking about buying a 62' corvair ramp side

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ian.a.prange, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ian.a.prange

ian.a.prange New Member

hello, my name is Ian and i am considering a 62 ramp side for a restoration project. I am unfamiliar with this vehicle and i have some questions i would like to try and get some clarification on before i take on this project. If you can help with anything on it i would really appreciate it.
    -Ian
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome!

Welcome to the G M T C ! That was the "Greenbrier" and was a good little truck. A lot of them were used by utility comapnies. Very handy with the side opening bed. Good luck!
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! Good luck with your project (if you start it)!
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! Sounds like a nice project truck. Post some picts if you get it.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Ian. Theres several corvair clubs and websites that I'm sure can help you with your cool project. Good luck and if you don't mind post some pictures.
  6. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard Ian!
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome aboard Ian.
    I suspect you'll find out soon enough that their arent many people around any more that are familiar with the Corvair ramp side trucks.
    They never had a large fan base which is to bad because they were a useful little truck in their day.
    Do a search for "My Classic Car" on the shows website they have some pretty good info for different odd-ball vehicles, might even find some parts restoration vendors there too.
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome!.....