1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another new guy...western North Carolina

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CowsPatoot, Nov 23, 2010.

1. CowsPatoot

CowsPatoot New Member

Mornin, everyone....figured I better be polite and introduce myself before I start asking questions. OK, OK...I am introducing my truck, not me....nobody really cares about ME around here, do they?

In Feb 2001, the tranny went out in my S10, so I decided to buy a new truck. I decided that this time, I would buy the truck I WANT rather than the one that makes sense. I ended up with a Victory Red regular cab Z71 step side with most of the options...most important being the 5.3 liter (I was disappointed to find I couldn't get the 6.0 in a half ton), 3.73 gears, and a limited slip dif.

It now has 190,000 abusive miles on it. I admit, I have driven it hard and put it away wet...and some of that abuse is starting to show in worn out parts. But...it still runs great, looks great, and pulls 14 mpg towing my car (Pontiac Fiero). It is still almost completely stock, and I have no intentions of modding it.

[​IMG]
    Sorry bout the bad shadows...was the only pic I could find on short notice.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Still a good looking trurck!
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

nice truck and nice signature!
  5. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Hey Cowpat, welcome to the GM truck club.
    Your ride still looks good even though you say you've beat it.
    I like your quote-->Everyone should own a Ford once in their life....how else can you truly appreciate a Chevy?
    I owned one for about a week...lol
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  7. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado New Member

welcome to the forum! hope to see you around
  8. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts