Another new guy

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Shlongor, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Shlongor

Shlongor New Member

Going to keep this brief... I'm a Marine veteran (1 trip to Afghanistan, got out in Jan) who's currently in college. I own an 03 Corvette Z06 and just picked up an 01 Silverado (Extended cab, long bed, 4x4). Got it for the obvious reason of needing something I can drive in snow. Snow here in southern Illinois is USUALLY not too bad, but you know how "predictable" the weather is and my family is in Chicago, so if I want to visit them in the winter, the Vette wasn't going to cut it. Also the road to my house is falling apart and even in rain, it's been unpleasant in the Vette. I guess I didn't necessarily NEED to get a 4x4. Some FWD econobox would have worked well enough, but I used to do some contracting sidejobs and am looking to ease back into that. Obviously I'm not fitting a half-ton+ of anything in a Corvette (well I could load it up with 45lb plates but that wouldn't make ANY sense lol).

Also, I'm probably going to sell the camper shell on craigslist.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nice Stable... My wife is up in Arlington Heights,IL I may be up there in Nov for a few days..

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Welcome to GM Truck Club and thank you for your service! :great:

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site, And Thank You For Your Service.....:glasses:

5. Shlongor

Shlongor New Member

Yeah the mod bug has bitten me on most of my previous vehicles (first car, a 91 Lebaron, and a temp car, a 95 Sentra POS don't count). We'll see what kind of sidejobs I can land for expendable income. Priority spending goes towards turboing the Vette (or if money is tight, a moderate cam setup... either way 3rd gear+ needs more OOMPH for me lol. Not really interested in a PD blower as it's not lacking in 1st/2nd gear pull. Actually it's sitting almost perfect on the razor's edge for street performance on Nitto NT05s). I am interested in off-roading (and I've seen more 4x4 trucks here than anywhere else I've ever been) but she does have some miles on her so I'd have to keep a reasonable cash allowance for powertrain issues that might creep up (got lots of credit card space, but that's obviously not ideal).

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Semper Fi....

7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:

8. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C! THANKS for YOUR SERVICE!

10. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the club and thanks for your service.