Another new Texan (we all have trucks, it's true)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Snappy, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Snappy

Snappy New Member

Howdy folks! I'm an Okie by birth but have settled down in the truck capital of the US - Texas. Being mostly a GM guy I've had 5 of their vehicles. 84 Buick Regal, 95 Chevy S-10, 02 Pontiac GP GTP (still trying to sell), ...

Here's the old S-10
    [​IMG]

Here's the ol girl still looking for a new home
    [​IMG]

Now what I have...

03 Corvette Z06
    [​IMG]

...and a project truck you may not recognize that I'm working on with my dad...
    [​IMG]

I don't have any pics of the truck that brought me here, but it's a white 2000 Chevy Silverado 4.8L extended cab short bed with vinyl and power nothing - and I really like it! The Vette made me a snob I guess, but it doesn't like the rain and I miss my S-10 sometimes. I like to turn a wrench or two, and I don't feel bad tinkering with the Silverado especially because I just can't see messing with a perfectly good Corvette. With 135,000 on the clock, I expect to tinker with the big tank enough to satisfy my desire to modify. I plowed through 3 or 4 inches of water, cackling maniacally as the big tires sprayed water into the empty lanes around me. Try doing that in a Vette!

Anywho, I look forward to being a part of the GM Truck Club x2!:money:

2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!

4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:

7. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club!!! :great::party:

8. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor

9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!

boy that S-10 was in nice shape, if mine wasn't being so temperamental I would love it too! The Corvette is real nice, what kind of truck is that at the bottom? It looks like a Camino, but it's got a GMC logo on it??

10. Snappy

Snappy New Member

TRPLXL2 gets the prize!

You got it TRPLXL2, it's the GMC version of an El Camino - a 1972 GMC Sprint. There were 10 times as many El Camino's made. The difference? Not much.

1) GMC Grill
    2) GMC Steering Wheel
    3) GMC badges (fenders and tailgate)
    4) "Invader" on the air cleaner
    4) GMC VIN

It would become the "Caballero" in 1978 because of the unwritten rule that any truck/car hybrid has to have a Spanish name, i.e. the Ranchero, El Camino, and Baja.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Vette is pampered, I meant to have it as a daily driver but just didn't like to take it out in the rain or on long road trips (not that it isn't fun dropping into 4th and running it up to 116). I picked it up a few months ago with only 7,600 miles - never seen rain or snow and never abused. Both the previous owners were 50+ and had it as a fair weather weekend toy. It's always good to have a truck, or know someone with one. If you need more friends, buy a truck! Right? I need pictures of my Silverado, I do plan to mod it a bit. Right now I'm looking at a SES light (O2 sensor on the right bank, so bad sensor/bad tune/bad cat/?!) which I hope can be taken care of with a tune up.