1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

another newb question

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by GSXR, Apr 18, 2011.

1. GSXR

GSXR New Member

i finally decided i was going to to with the RF p3 shallow mount 12" sub. my next question is what would be better for just 1 12" dual 2 ohms or dual 4 ohm's? and what type of amp would be best for whatever. sorry for all the stupid questions just trying to get some bass in my truck. im stupid with electronics
  2. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

3. sobe3yourself

sobe3yourself New Member

It all depends on what amp you run. Some amps are only 2 ohm stable so it would be best to go with either a dual 4 ohm or dual 1 ohm sub. If you are getting an amp that is 1 ohm stable, it is best to get a dual 2 ohm sub to get the full potential out of the amp. Send me a private message and I can help you more with any questions you might have.
  4. GSXR

GSXR New Member

5. sobe3yourself

sobe3yourself New Member

I did, I just replied to your pm's. That would actually be a bit better than the Pioneer you asked about. That amp is only 2 ohm stable so you could get either a dual 1 ohm or dual 4 ohm sub. I would go with this over the Pioneer, I never really liked pioneer amps and I have NEVER had any problems with the (over 20) RF amps I have owned.
  6. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

that amp will work well with the sub you have, just wire up up as a mono 2 ohm, you could get a more powerful amp tho so it wont have to work so hard.

wiring:
    amp + -
    1st sub terminals + -
    2nd set + -

hope you undertsand that......run both positives together and both negs together, when i did my probe with that same set up i used one piece or speaker wire (2 wires +/_) to feed bith positive sub terminals and shortened the one side to fit tighter and did the same on the negative side