Another Newb with a ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by silverado_TN, Nov 15, 2008.

1. silverado_TN

silverado_TN New Member

hey everyone, another new guy here! been reading this forum for a while seems like a good bunch of very helpful people:great:. i have a question i hope hasnt been asked to death i have searched the forum and couldnt find anything so here we go.. i have a 2000 silverado 2wd single cab short bed pickup ive been thinking about either lowering or lifting the front to level( kinda prerunner style) today i put my truck in the garage and aired all the tires up even to see how much lift or drop i need to level it and noticed my truck isnt level from side to side. its 7/8" low on the driver front corner(compared to the passenger side) and 9/16" low on the driver rear compared to the passenger side rear. Ive never noticed this before and wonder why this is? i noticed on rockauto.com that every OEM spring supplier has a spring set about 1" higher on the driver front to correct this. i guess my questions are is the a common problem with these trucks? and why are they like this? thanks alot in advance for the answers if you can help.

2. silverado_TN

silverado_TN New Member

im gonna assume this isnt known or a common problem. anyone have any ideas where to find someone who might know about this either way? seems like this would have to effect handling? i have noticed the body seems to roll more in right hand curves. seems if they make spring sets about 1" taller on the driver front to correct this that someone would know? lol even GM makes the springs to fix it. thanks everyone for reading but if anyone reads this that knows what direction to point me in please respond........thanks again

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome! i was unsure of any problem but i guess its a factory issue :neutral:
    seems like it would affect things and should be fixed by the dealer

:sign0016: