1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

another newbie from KY

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by sruss, Dec 29, 2009.

1. sruss

sruss New Member

Hey y'all, new to the forum, I just bought a 95 sierra z71. Love it. It has a few problems that I am working on, but thats why I bought it. its got the 5.7 in it,(By the way, is the 5.7 a 305 or a 350?) its ok, but want some more horse power out of it. The truck is pretty stock, but not for loing. When I lay my foot in it, the exhaust has a tarnish smell to it, and when I was trying to figure it out, I had it in park, reved the motor up, kept my foot steady, but the fuel cycled, almsot like the compouter was shutting the fuel off then open it up again. Anyone got any clues on that?
    It's got a 2barrel carb and a k&N air flow system. I would like to change the carb out to a 4 barell and increase the intake and exhaust.
    Then after its runniong right, I want to put a different set of wheels and tires on it. Then I will start on the paint job. Think my GF is gonna kill me, but its all in fun and enjoyment.
    Later y'all
    Sean
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!

Argh girlfriends can be replaced easily, the perfect truck only comes along once in a lifetime! Spoken by a true lady trucker,...............AMY :glasses:
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! The 5.7L is a 350 cu.in. engine. Have fun and Happy New year!
  5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here!
  6. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club, See you around:glasses:
  7. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  8. sruss

sruss New Member

Thanks y'all, glad to be here. and thanks Retired for the info. I searched everywhere on that truck and motor but couln't find the cu in, but did find the 5.7L.
  9. Project Reaper

Project Reaper Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club bro!
  10. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club!