another newbie

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by grampy, Jan 18, 2012.

1. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Hi, I'm Ken, found this site and thought i'd dive in. I retired from 35+ years in the oil patch and surface coal mining, now a full time farmer / rancher in south east montana. I own 5 4x4 trucks. I have a '97 chev. cheyene 2500 thats my daily driver and ranch truck, its overworked, abused, hail damaged and dirty, ( good thing it's brown ! ) 154,000 and still earning it's keep. A '97 Ford f150, use it for trips, chasin' parts and etc ( its the prima dona of the bunch - would'nt last 6 months doing what the others do ). two Dodges, a '98 diesel with a hydra bed that is our feed truck. A '73 with a flatdeck, Miller welder, torch set, air compressor, etc that is our little service truck, also have a much modified '48 Willys pickup thats just grampa's sandbox toy.

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Grampy!

3. DannyT08

DannyT08 Member

Welcome good to have you here!!!

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Sounds like you've got a tool/truck for every need.

5. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Thanks for the welcome, will post some pictures ASAP, none of our trucks will be "truck of the month" for sure. My business partners, ( daughter and SIL) have an "09 chev. crew cab (family vehicle), a "79 GMC 3/4T 4x4 ton, a very worn / rusted out, much abused "83 blazer and a really nice Chevrolet C60 truck . so you can see we are much "into" GM vehicles. Ken

6. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! Looking forward to seeing photo's of your rides

7. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club Ken!!!

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

9. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club