Another one Bites The dust

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Drake_korthos, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Ok well my SECOND Recon 3rd Cab brake light has now failed (RECON really loosin me with product durability). I'm in the market for a new light, and would like to hear people's experiences with the Anzo smoked cab light. Heard good things before, but need to check before droppin money on another light. Overall appearance on Autoanything looks great, but I'm curious about actual day to day construction. See, the RECON light was supposedly weather resistant, but the foam gasket around the light was insufficient to keep water OUT of the inside of the cab (soaked the headliner in the corners of the back of my cab). I ended up having to buy additional gasket and some silicon to properly seal the truck. Does the seal on the Anzo light work as is, or will it also need to be reinforced against the elements? Thanks again for ya'll's input!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Try IPCW I've had them for over 4 years in winter and snow/salt no problems..

3. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for sharing, mine is out & just started looking.

4. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I had Anzo tail lights( loved the looks) but the connectors were less than adequate for salt snow. Now I should have cut off the connectors that were in place for the resistors as they were a style suitable for under dash and not out in the elements the figment was ok and if you look at one of my posts you will see the lights. I don't believe I posted the fact that I had this issue but I removed them and returned them. Probably if I had replaced the connectors at install with proper connectors and used liberal dielectric grease I would still have them.
    At this time I'm thinking of getting a complete lighting update headlights, tails, CHMSL, led interior. So I will watch what you do and start researching... ANZO is not off my list even with my experience. It will be interesting to see if anything changed over the last 2 years.

5. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks for info folks! Leaning towards the Anzo's due to price, but still not 100% on that. If the IPCW's are that good, I'm willing to pony up the extra cash. Just hoping for something that'll last longer than a year at this point!