1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another power seat question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Sep 18, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have an 05 yukon xl. The driverseat forward/ backward controls work in reverse. If I push it forward it goes backward, pushed backward goes forward. The up and down and other controls work as they should. Any ideas?
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Considering that the plugs are only meant to be connected one way (i.e. supposedly idiot-proof), that's really weird! That almost smacks of the pins in one of the plugs being reversed?
  3. Pikey

I will have to dig out a diagram and give it a check. I never even thought of that. I was thinking a possible ground issue. Well, even if there is another cause, switching the 2 wires should solve it. Thanks [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION]
  4. SurrealOne

Let us know what you find/do!
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am looking for aftermarket OEM fit power seat adjusters if anyone knows a company that makes them and they do not cost $819 :)
  6. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 100 Posts

Hey Pikey, I have an 04 Yukon XL that does the same thing. Maybe designed that way.
  7. Pikey

My 03 worked the correct way
  8. SurrealOne

Or maybe the same stoner dude at the plant assembled both of your 04's seats? :lol:
  9. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 100 Posts

Mine's made in Mexico.That explains it.
  10. SurrealOne

:sign0011: