1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

another question for my friends truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 5speedsilverado, May 20, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ok as you probably know my friend has a 2004 gmc sierra with the 4.3l v6 now it has hit 100+ degrees out side and you have to use the air conditioning alot now. we havee to use the air conditioning for an extended time, his truck will stall he took it to a mechanic and They said that it is because of dust and stuff since we live in a desert. im thinking it is just an air filter, but the mechanic should have know that. so now im looking for your opinions. idk what the stuff is though??
  2. 5speedsilverado

also it dies both at idle and at highway speeds.
  3. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Not enough to go on. A few things I'd look at next:

1) Fuel pump cutting out or losing power/ground?
    2) Any codes in the computer (pending or otherwise)? sometimes that will give ideas.
    3) When it stalls, is it sputtering/stumbling and then stalling, or is it more like someone turned the key off?
    4) Will it start right back up? If not, some of things may be easier to check after it stalls.
  4. 5speedsilverado

i haven't had a chance to look at it, i know that it starts right back up