1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another Rado!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by justinsilver07, Nov 30, 2010.

1. justinsilver07

justinsilver07 New Member

I'm Justin, I live in Vancouver WA. I have an '07 (new body) 1500, 5.3 crew cab LTZ Silverado. It has a 6" Fabtech lift, bedliner, intake, throttle body spacer, dual Magnaflow 3" exhaust, kicker solobaric under the back seat and I just got rid of the 33's and had 35X12.50X17 Nitto Mud Grapplers installed last week. I'm kinda curious about the speedo difference now, the 33's were about on the money, but I'm noticing that I'm going a bit faster then it says, prob about 5 MPH at around 55-60. For anyone with questions about how the tires clear. I had to trim the front inner fender liners on the front of the wheel wells (about 4 inches on both sides) or the tires rub when turning hard. But it's just plastic so it wasn't hard to do. IMG_0420.jpg Anyone and everyone feel free to ask me anything. I'm a mechanic by trade. I have a '66 C-10 in my garage and I have worked on cars, semi's and my specialty is helicopters. So Chevy's are a walk in the park!
  2. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

welcome to the site! sweet ride by the way!
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  4. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Welcome...sweet ride... by the way , when your speedometer is showing slower than your're actually going ,(bigger tires) doesn't it keep your mileage under what is actually on the truck? It makes sense , just curios though? great to have you
  5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! Many tuners have the option that allows for you to change your tire size, thus correcting your speedometer, odometer, etc. I know both Superchips and DiabloSport tuners have this setting for sure.
  7. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. I love the ride! It's kind of funny, though... Most guys join up to look for ideas on mods and aftermarket accessories. It looks to me like you've got it all taken care of. It's great to have you though. I'm sure that you'll be a great asset to the community.
  8. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome to the club. Instead of you looking for advice from us, maybe we can look to you for advice...
  9. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Welcome tothe forum. Nice tire choice btw one of my favorite set of mud tires. as for the speedo yeah it is most likely off. most programmers have a setting where you can put in your tire size and it corrects it.

at about 65mph my truck was almost 10mph off with 35s but then again the 2500s have small tires stock.
  10. justinsilver07

justinsilver07 New Member

Yeah it does, but when going down the freeway they sometimes have odometer check areas where is shows you what an actual mile is and it will help you figure out how off yours is by doing a little math. The other thing is after working for a car dealership and learning about laws within warranty, car manufacturers can get away with 10% off without having to replace speed sensors, so 6 MPH off at 60 MPH is legal and under warranty car companies don't don't have to do a thing. With that, any vehicle will prob vary from the next, so who really knows?