Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ANOTHER rim thread...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by HawaiiKid, May 31, 2010.

1. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Yeah, I had to do it. I finally have the cash to get a nice set of rims, and here are a few I'm lookin at. Lookin to spend about $1,500 with rims and tires, and the tires I'm getting are 500, so about 900 or less to spend on rims (cause of shipping).
    BTW, I'm lookin for 20x8.5s or 20x9s. Lemme know what you think of these!

[​IMG]

Clean lookin rim, like the lip and the basic spoke design. Also like that the Enkei company has a good history, and I haven't read any bad reviews of them.

[​IMG]

Love the look of this rim, but I'm a little spooked because I can't find much of anything online as far as reviews of the company, or these rims. I really don't want to buy a set of rims and have them start peeling in 6 months. Would love to hear from someone with Mambas!

[​IMG]

^^The Helo HE835 Series rim...this one kinda spooks me too because I have heard a wide range of opinions on their quality.

[​IMG]

Of course the Rockstars...wish I could afford the chrome set, but that just isn't going to happen. Not sure how I feel about the black with my Pewter Silverado (picture at the bottom of this post), but I know they are a great company...with a price tag to match.

[​IMG]

Feel the same as I do with the Rockstars...not sure about the all black look with the Pewter color...what do you think?

Anyways, these are a few that I'm lookin at, opinions are more than welcome! If you think I missed a good option let me know too...chrome is what I would like, but I just don't think I'm going to be able to find a nice set in my price range in 20s. Prove me wrong :)

[​IMG]
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Enkei Rims,All the way.....As you mentioned Enkei makes Great Rims.....IMO they would look Great on your Truck Billy.
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  3. HawaiiKid

Yeah...called tire rack today, and they are special order rims only, and apparently it's gonna take them 4-6 weeks to even ship. I'm lookin to pick these up now so i can have em for summer before I cross country the truck...damn it.

I'm really leaning towards the Mambas, all aluminum center caps sound better than a plastic one like on most of the others, esp. the Helo rim.

Any other opions are welcome, I'm prob gonna pull the trigger tonight sometime.
  4. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i vote for the black 5 spoke rockstars.
  5. HawaiiKid

Yeah...I totally caved at the rim shop, they knocked a few bucks off, no tax, and...in 2 days I'm gonna have 20x8.5 CHROME Rockstars with 285/50R20s!
  6. Kman1022

Kman1022 New Member

I agree. I'm torn between the black or chrome for my truck. But you have some nice choices in mind so I'm sure whatever you go with will look great.