1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

another tire question

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by bryn, Feb 21, 2006.

Random Gallery Photos

1. bryn

bryn New Member

What are the largest tire sizes I can run stock and up to 2 in lift on my 06 2 wheel drive tahoe
  2. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member 100 Posts

Hey Bryn. What kind of lift? Body lift or full suspension lift?
  3. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member 100 Posts

What do you have on there now, too? Are you looking to keep the same rims?
  4. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Probably 265s are the biggest youc an run on the stock rims. I guess it depends on what you mean by "Stock" because there are different rim options.
  5. frankw

frankw New Member

If your truck is a four wheel drive you can fit 285/75/16's on the stock rim with no lift. With a 2 inch lift or if you use a leveling kit to bring the front up a couple of inches you should be able to run 305/70/16's on your stock wheels but I would use a 16x9 rim to be safe. You can't use a wheel with more than 4.5 inches of backspacing or they will rub. My friend has an 02 Tahoe Z71 stock height with 285/75/16 BFG A/T's on the stock wheels and they don't rub.