Another ????? truck can't park.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Curky, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow! Another dodge too! It is amazing that he was not killed not wearing a seat belt.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Simply, wow. There are no words...

4. Curky

That is why I had to share because it was another dodge, lol

5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

awesome pic/story ...thanks, Curky........Brian :lol:

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You shouldn't believe all the hype about seatbelts always saving lives; sure they help but they can also hurt the statistics.

There's a seatbelt law, here, and if my aunt had been wearing hers in accordance with the law, she'd be a dead woman. Why? Her vehicle was T-boned at high speed and the drivers side was crushed to about a 7" width. She saw it coming and because she DID NOT have her seat belt on she was able to get out of the driver's side seat and into the passenger side of the vehicle before the impact. The EMS guy remarked on how lucky she was NOT to have worn her belt.

I HATE seatbelt laws because of this. Such laws dictate what drivers should do based on statistics, not driver judgement. It's my body, so let me choose what risks I take with it. After all, I hurt NO ONE ELSE by taking such risks with MY body.

Such laws would have my aunt dead just because of statistics AND because other drivers tended not to exhibit good judgement. Obviously I'm close to her; she's like the big sister I never had as she's not much older than I am. That happened when I was in my teens and seatbelt laws were first appearing.

Now, back on topic so that the petty and controlling thought police, erm, I mean topic police don't come haul me away:
    I like the fact that there is now one less driveable Dodge in the world and that no one was seriously injured. Frankly, I think that's how ALL Dodges should be parked!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Oh Honey!!! We have Company !!

8. Gold Z

Gold Z Member

Seat belts DO save lives. There are exceptions to any rule but in twenty years as a police officer I can only think of one accident where we had to unbelt a fatality in an accident. It was a very high speed head on collision where the engines in both vehicles were pushed so far into the passenger compartments that no one sitting in the front seats could have survived.

9. Curky

about the hole seatbelt thing. i agree that is should be our choice to put it on or off. the world is to over populatted anyway. a seatbelt save my life once but also my grandmother lived because she did not have one on.

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

ROFL! Someone needs to tell the neighbors to park their vehicles in their own darn houses!