1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Another wrecked Trailblazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by nakedicarus, Dec 14, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. nakedicarus

nakedicarus New Member

At least your Trailblazer didn't end up looking like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....that's my mother-in-law's ex-car. Thankfully she walked out of the wreck with only bruises and a stiff neck!

Just trying to help out in the looking-at-the-bright-side-of-things department... :neutral:

Any updates on any resolution to your accident?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2007
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow, that's pretty intense! High speed rollover?

I turned over everything to my insurance company. $6200+ in damages, but I'm going to have them look at the radiator more. I think it will go over $7000 before I'm happy with it all, and trust me I plan on going over that vehicle with a fine-tooth comb before I sign to receive it. I know what the tollerances are for repair, etc, etc, etc.
  3. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Ouch. That hurts just looking at it.
  4. nakedicarus

nakedicarus New Member

On August 1st 2007, my mother-in-law was driving along with her mother, my 17y.o. brother-in-law and his 17y.o. buddy, towards a popular vacation destination, Puerto PeƱasco (Rocky Point), in Sonora, Mexico; on a dangerous two-lane road out on the desert.

Suddenly the truck in front of them which had two ATV's in the bed, dropped a customized tailgate (as in not the truck's original tailgate) onto the road in front of them...my mother-in-law swerved to try and avoid the flying tailgate from crashing into her windshield, and while doing so she lost control of her Trailblazer, spun two times and then rolled twice, ended up landing on the driver's side, with the engine still running.

Other family members who were driving behind her got to see the horrifying scene of the SUV rolling over. Their first thought was they had been killed.

Luckily, they all walked out with just bruises. She got about $12800 from her insurance, and is now driving a new Dodge Nitro :frown:

I hope your Trailblazer gets fully restored to the way it was before your accident!
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow, glad to hear that no one was hurt. The TB is a pretty study SUV, I'm glad to know that it ran roll and everyone can walk out.