1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Answer a Question with a Question - 2011 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by sgtsjj, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I think that'll never happen, because politicians go based strictly on what they feel is best for themselves and their own pockets ... and lobbyists/parties merely influence this. I'm sure there are exceptions but that's the general rule.

What do you think the country would be like if politicians in any position could only serve a maximum of a single term, could only serve one political post in a lifetime (i.e. if you've been a senator you can't be president), received no public monies for campaign use, could accept no private monies for campaign use, could not have other entities (a la PACs) campaign on their behalf, could not accept gifts of any kind diretly or by proxy (giving the daughter a free ride to college is receipt of a gift by proxy, for example; same for accepting free air fare to somewhere for campaign purposes), and could not be lobbied (felony offense to communicate with lobbyists; felony offense to lobby someone serving a political post)? :)
  2. Keeper 76

Keeper 76 New Member

I know Im a Canadian......but i think the country would be a heck of alot different and there would be a crap load of cash to be spent on some very important things! The question is where does one start? I.E. Who gets the money/support first?
  3. SurrealOne

The national debt gets the money/support first, IMHO. Why would we start anywhere else?
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

I'm having trouble finding it, but I remember reading an article detailing why the national debt has gotten to a point where it's mathematically impossible to repay at this point. I read that a year+ ago, so I don't remember the details, but that's the only real answer I could provide right now.

What if we just stopped relying on a privately operated, foreign-owned bank (aka the fed) to pay for things and instead at least focused on not increasing the debt or handing out money away?
  5. SurrealOne

Oh we can repay it. There's just no incentive to do so ... not when the nation is borrowing at like 2% interest. If China's the dog and we're the tail we can use the debt to wag the dog. Wouldn't it be nifty if the citizenry just switched to a barter system (which is perfectly legal in the U.S. ... and non-taxable) and stopped using U.S. currency? What would be the tax ramifications for the nation?
  6. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

Hey y'all miss me??
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

The ramification would be that the government would find a way to tax that or something else. There's no way they'd allow a way around taxing that would have wide-spread ramifications.

Did you know the Kuwaiti Dinar is worth more than the Pound?
  8. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Now he comes up with a stupid question. Of course we didn't miss ya. We missed yer dogs and their adventures. Did you miss us?
    :rofl:
  9. SurrealOne

Of course he didn't miss us. Did you really care?
  10. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Would you think me an uncaring individual?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.