Answer a Question with a Question - 2011 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by sgtsjj, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

It could be if you live among the fast food franchise islands of the world. I think you can do it but the most important thing is do you believe you can? The busier you stay the easier it will be.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Old habits die hard. Expect to gain -some- back as the years pass. That's normal. The catch is you need to be ever-vigilant much like a recovering alcoholic must be. Yes ... it's just like that, except your addiction was eating not drinking. Think of it in those terms and it'll help you. I say that as someone who dropped 1/3 of my body weight at one point ... after putting on piles of weight when I quit smoking. It's tough to keep it off, but you can if you want to. Do you truly want to?

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Yes one must truly wnt to keep it off or it will sneak up on you and get you once again. Do you really think he wants that?

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would agree with that 100%. Getting weight off is much easier than keeping it off. I can testify to that personally. Where many fail is that you have to re-invent the way you think about food. Just as a smoker will tell you that he enjoys smoking, others enjoy eating. I can relate completely. If you have quit smoking, then you must understand that you can never have another one. Likewise, if you have changed your eating habits, you can never go back to the old habits... not even for a day.

The key to maintaining one's weight after weight loss is to keep meals and snacks below 500 calories per hour. The body only metabolizes for about an hour after starting to eat. In that hour, the average person can only burn off 500 calories. Everything left over after that hour is stored away as fat for later. If you then continue to eat, later never comes and that fat stays put.

You can eat whatever you want. The key is to eat less than 500 calories of it per hour. You can always come back in an hour and a half to have more if that wasn't enough! Most people who lose weight on some sort of a diet put all of their efforts into the actual loss. One MUST have a "Plan B" that kicks in once you reach the desired goal.

There is no magic in the Jenny Craig box... It is just a low calorie meal with correct portion sizes. They are not in the business to help you lose weight; they are in business to sell their product. You can make the same thing at home with a little label reading.

That doesn't sound so hard, does it?

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  5. SurrealOne

It doesn't sound hard. However, don't you think it's harder than it sounds?

6. moogvo

Oh, I KNOW that it's harder than it sounds. You didn't think I was trying to say that it was easy, did you?

7. SurrealOne

Who knows. For some people it might be easy. Like those people with intestinal parasites that can't gain weight. How do I get one of those, anyway?

8. moogvo

Can't you buy those on eBay?

9. SurrealOne

Probably. I don't know that I'd risk it. Would you want to?

10. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Do you think that since I started chewin again may be helping me lose weight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.