Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Answer a Question with a Question - 2011 game

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by sgtsjj, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It sounds good, but not as good as I wanted it to sound. I was working against a budget so I went smaller on the speakers than I would have if unconstrained, and that limits the bass response. Still, it's more than adequate for the (usually-hollow/tinny sounding) 50's and 60's music my parents like ... and that's what counts. Who is doing the catfish frying today? You?
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No not me, normally my girlfriends brother does the catfish and his wife does the other fixins (she makes the best Jalapeno hush puppies) My mom listens to the 50s and 60s music also. So who is doing the cooking for your get together today? :glasses:
  3. SurrealOne

Dad and I will both cook, today. He'll grill while I do prep and sides. Mom will clean up. Jalapeno corn bread and hush puppies are things I miss from my time in Texas; people don't tend to add jalapenos to food, up here in NC. It's sad, as I acquired a taste for spicy food (specifically tex-mex) during my 12 years in Texas ... as in -real- spicy food ... not that faux crap from Popeyes or Bojangles but honest-to-goodness make your eyes water and nose run spicy food.

Jalapenos are sweet to me, not hot. Friends have seen me wash off habaneros after plucking them from the garden and eat them ... straight up. (Yes, I even chew them up.) I have to be in the mood for that, though, as that's a special kind of hot that has me feeling like I'm going to breathe fire for the next hour or so. What's the hottest thing you've ever eaten?
  4. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Oh spicy food! They don't know how to do it here. My mom's family is kind of an oddity in that they love spicy food but they're from Indiana. My grandmother (when she was still alive) had pots set aside specifically for her hot sauce because it was so hot. When my mom was a baby, my aunt accidentally used one of those pots to heat up my mom's bottle LOL.

They have Bojangles here and I was seriously disappointed with the "Cajun" biscuit. I was expecting a lot more spice to it.

How's the weather looking in your neck of the woods for tomorrow?
  5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

6. donyms

I was at the fair one day and over at the food area where they have Churches that cook and sell plates I saw a jar of peppers (I don't remember what kind) and I asked the lady there for one. She gave it to me, I ate it and I thought I was going to die.

Am I the only one here that ages my Tabasco (2 years) before using it?
  7. SurrealOne

I don't age my Tabasco....
  8. donyms

Question Please?
  9. SurrealOne

Why do you age your tobasco?
  10. donyms

I buy a 12 once bottle of it every 2 years and age it without opening it. After the 2 years it is a brown color, it is way hotter and still has the same flavor. I have been doing this for the last 20 years and while I have had some people laugh when I tell them what I do, once they try my aged Tabasco they say it is way better and way hotter. Buy you a 12 once bottle, write the date on the box and store it. It takes about 2 years to get that nasty brown color but it is so good. If you like your hot sauce Hot. Do you like Tabasco?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.