1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Anti-Lock Brake problem, maybe?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by pspreston, Jul 28, 2008.

1. pspreston

pspreston New Member

Hello, new user looking for help with 03 2500HD - 56,000 miles.

I've been having some strange problems with the anti-lock brakes. At least I think it's the anti-locks brakes. Under slow, light stops I can feel that anti lock vibration during the last second just before the vehicle stops. It's always during the last foot of a stop and only at slow speeds, under 5 MPH. It's never been a problem during harder, faster stops.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help or advice.

2. 64C10

64C10 Member

i had the same type of problem with my 02, after i put the lift kit in, turned out to be the wheel speed sensor. they had to replace the intire hub, because it is all one piece.
    go to a dealer and see if they can find the problem for you.

3. pspreston

pspreston New Member

Don't like the sound of that....Do you remember what that cost?

4. Indy2500

Indy2500 New Member

Had the exact same thing happen to a GMC Jimmy I used to own. It was an ABS sensor going bad. On my model it was part of the front wheel bearing. A new wheel bearing with sensor and $400 later, it was fine.

5. 64C10

64C10 Member

like indy2500 said, my thought was the truck was more than worth fixing.