1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anti-Lock Break Question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 178kchevy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. 178kchevy

178kchevy Member

My '95 Silverado's ABS light is on indicating that my ABS is not working. I asked a friend about it and he said that the relay box mounted under the hood next to the windshield washer reservoir is bad. He said they cost about $500 just for the part. I asked him about buying one off a junk yard and he said he wouldn't advise it. Has any one had any experience with this? What would you suggest I do? Apparently, my front breaks are doing all the work so the pads wear out quicker than they should. I don't have $500 for a new ABS system so give me some advice.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

get the codes pulled then replace whats not working, wheel speed sensors can cause a ABS code