1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anti theft light comes on for no reason

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by redchev4x4, Dec 6, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. redchev4x4

redchev4x4 New Member

i have this anti theft light on my dash,, looks like a locked lock.. and you can be driving along and it just comes on for no reason.
    once on a while it will come on when i turn on ignition and if it dosen't go out you gotta wait exactly 10 minutes to start it.
    but ifit comes on while driving it has no affect on the engine,,,,, can i disconnect this thing somehow? it is a pain.

terry m
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

you can buy a remote starter bypass and install it.($50-$80) If you do not understand or know the system well then I would suggest having someone who installs remote starters/alarms do it. I know a guy here that has been doing remote starters and alarms for over 25 years. I have a friend that was having a similar issue. I got them together and the remote start guy installed the bypass to turn on when the key was turned forward rather then when the remote stater engaged.
  3. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

many with the older vehicles have this disabled . reason is to fix it is too costly. call a auto lock smith for more info $.