1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

antifreeze leak?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dshewy14, Mar 9, 2010.

1. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

other day I was under my truck and I noticed there was antifreeze on the ground. it was on the left side passanger side of the water pump. but I checked the lines couldn't find nothin, checked the weep hole couldn't find nothin and I've drove it all day today and havbt found the first drop. anyone got a clue what could cause this.
  2. Poor Man

Poor Man Member

2 words...Pressure Test. Good Luck.
  3. gmfreak

gmfreak New Member

I've seen the freeze plug leak at the right front head but most likely water pump gaskets
  4. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

you need to pressure test it or let it run and build enough pressure to look and wait for a drip.

could be a water pump gasket/ freeze plug/ fitting ect
  5. dshewy14

ok sounds like ill be having a pressure test done i reckon thanks
  6. CARGUY1280

CARGUY1280 New Member

Had this on mine, Ended up the water pump gaskets, didnt leak alot or all the time, usually didnt even make it to the ground to drip. Had 120,000 on it so I just did the pump and gaskets. The passenger side gasket was leaking, drivers side was starting to. Fairly easy job, took about 30min but Im a Mechanic and had all the tools.
  7. dshewy14

alrite well im taking it monday to the shop and have the pressure test done. ill let youll know what it turns out to be.
  8. dshewy14

welll guys it turned out to be water pump gaskets