1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

antilock brake problem????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by michiganhunter, Jun 25, 2010.

1. michiganhunter

michiganhunter New Member

Ok here is a new one on me, It seems everytime i go to step on my brakes when it gets down to about 5 miles a hour or so, i get the ratcheting effect of the antilocks and it takes a second to stop its not once in awhile but EVERYTIME if i go to turn into a parking spot it does it also... I almost hit another car this way. Does anyone know how i can fix this problem or know what might be worng. Thanks.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You will need to troubleshoot the ABS problem.. Till you have a chance to and to ensure that you can stop remove the ABS fuse. That will allow you to stop till you get it repaired.
  3. swedp

swedp New Member

i had a similar problem on my s10 4wd,the abs light suddenly came on and it turned out to be a bad front hub cousing the abs sender to missmatch the toothgear in the hub,but there are other factors in the abs system to considder, like obd and sensors in the abs pump itself