Any big Suburban Trips coming up?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, May 15, 2006.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Now that the weather is getting nicer, kids are getting out of school. How many of you are making plans for the summer that somehow involve your Suburban?

Right now, my summer looks like it's going to be spent around the new house getting it fixed up, doing landscaping, etc.

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm taking my family out camping this weekend to Lake Cooper. We'll be using the Suburban to pull the pop-up. In July, I'm using it to help caravan my son and some other boy scouts to summer camp. That's all that's planned so far, but more will probably come up.

3. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Heading up to Myrtle Beach SC for a few days if everything pans out but other than that nothing spectacular.

4. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My father in law is out in Sumter, SC for a few weeks visiting his family. We made the drive up to Myrtle Beach a few years back when we were visiting out there. It's the only time I have seen the Atlantic. Beautiful area.

5. Dr_Zero

Come on down to Fernandina beach more laid back and just a beautiful LOL!

6. ChevyFan

I got laid off from a job 3 years ago, so we packed up and took off for a 10 day vacation. We saw a bit of SC, but mostly hit Georgia and Florida. Savannah is a beautiful city. Stayed with my brother in Jacksonville, FL and then hit Disneyworld. Nice trip.

7. Dr_Zero

Savannah is a neat place and around St Patricks day WOW!

I used to live in Jax it has changed alot and not for the good.

8. nemopoppins

nemopoppins Rockstar

I'm going to Disneyland!

9. ChevyFan

They live in Orange Park, seems like a nice place. He works for the high altitude air traffic control which is up near the Florida / Georgia border. He drives crazy like 50 miles each way. I work 12 miles from my office and I still complain.

10. ChevyFan

I grew up on the West coast, and I remember fondly my trips to Disneyland. It's crazy there now, crowded, etc. Have to plan to spend at least 4 days there to get it all in. I'll take my boy there someday though.