Audio Any body heard of this company

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by dogred, Mar 28, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. dogred

dogred New Member

http://www.volfenhagaudio.com/woof_pg/woofer_hps.html

2 10" subs came with my truck. I checked the prices for them, Amazon has them for $70 each. They sound good in my cab. I need to comb through the audio system and update some things. Nothings worse than to have a decent head unit, two amps, a crossover, 2 subs, and 4 blown speakers providing the mids and tweets. I was thinking of getting the 4x6's for my blown ones.
  2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've not heard of them. They look cool, but I can't say much else. SurrealOne, EnkeiAvalanche, or Zigger15 would be some of my first bets on who could give you a more detailed answer. (Hopefully I spelled Enki's name correctly. I'm tired and didn't want to look it up, lol)
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

Actually I have heard of them! A friend of mine had a set of 12" subs in the back of his Honda CRX a few years ago. They sounded pretty dang good IMO! He picked his up with an amp for 150$ at a liquidation type deal at Ector county coliseum. I will vouch that they hit pretty hard!!
  4. dogred

dogred New Member

They do sound very good. I am happy with them, I am just debating if I should go with there 4x6 for the other speakers in my ride or the infinitys I saw at Cartoys. I have used the infinitys before and they sounded great.
  5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

Subs: Not so hard to make sound good

Any other speaker: I'd say stick to a well-known brand lol.

I've always been partial to Infinity door speakers (not so much their subs even though they weren't really disappointing) myself, so IMO.. the way to go.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The Subs are a Flea Market brand I've seen them only in Lower end stores But as said above Any Sun given the right power and enclosure will sound good.. As for speakers What truck do you have? 4x6's never had a Great sound. You can get 4x6 Plates (4in with tweeter on a 4x6 plate) Or most good 4in speakers come with a 4x6 plate to use. As for infinty's Never liked them.. Were like Pioneers too bright and harch.. Find a nice Focal,Jl Audio or Alpine. Are you going to power them?
    1 person likes this.
  7. lquattro04

lquattro04 Member

I just read a few reviews on them that i found online, and from what Iv'e gathered they're a decent set to start out with but people have had their tweeters blow after alittle use. Like enkei said, they're more of a low end brand. I personally like kicker and have everything kicker in my truck, but thats just personal preferance.

I would also suggest getting a set of components up front instead of 4x6's. They sound much better. I have components in both the front and back of my truck and I can go down the highway doing 80mph with all the windows down and still hear every lyric crisp and clear. Only downside is that theyre a little more pricy than coaxials.
  8. dogred

dogred New Member

Thanks for the info guys. If there are adapter plates out there to convert 4x6 to 4'' speakers then that is the way I will go. I already have a pair of infinity 4'' from my last truck that were used for a few months. Now I have to look at the power output of the amp I have installed.
  9. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

Thanks for the shout out Jeremy!!! Wish I had something to add but the bases have been covered on this thread and I have nothing new or different to say...I second focal as great mid and high speakers!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The owner of that company is on the ecoustics site..he will tell you straight up that his stuff is entry level... he once said " remember if you blow the sub you only paid 79.00 for it and it wont be such a disaster." end quote...LOL

And he is german.....but the company is in Cali.