1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any Classic C-10s out there?

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by HawaiiKid, Dec 12, 2010.

1. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Have fallen in love with the older C-10s, especially when people drop them the right way. Anyone have a classic C-10 here, dropped or otherwise? I'm thinking that I'm either going to get a C-10 project truck when I move back to the mainland, or another streetbike. Lets see em!
  2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

My ex-father-in-law in Tulsa said years ago I could have one that's sitting in his yard. It's a '64 C10 longbed with the 230 straight-6 and 3 on the tree. It needs a lot of work, and at the time I had nowhere to put it and no money/time to invest. I still talk to them and visit them when I go up there, but I don't know if the offer still stands. I'll have to give them a call soon and see what's up...it would be a great project truck for my father and I. I've got some pics somewhere in a box around here...
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I love C-10s, I'm on eBay motors at least twice a week looking at C10s for sale. I want to get one someday. I'll post some pics of any nice ones I see on eBay and what not.
  4. HawaiiKid

Sounds like a promising project Trout! And Telorvehc, if you are lookin for project trucks look through the LA and Orange County craigslist listings. They have some really good projects, and for under 5 grand you can get one that runs and has some basic stuff done to it, and make it your own from there.

I'm thinkin of building up the idea of my project around like a $7500 budget, which is what I should have saved by the time I leave Hawaii.
  5. TELORVEHC

It's not the availability or the cost that's the issue, it's storage and a place to work on it. We already have 3 vehicles at my house and no room in the garage. Hopefully once I have my own place I'll have the room for one.

---------- Post added 12-13-2010 at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-12-2010 at 11:04 PM ----------

Found a few C10s....

This one is awesome, really expensive though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...2211660?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item415531f54c

More reasonable, except I would change the wheels, and definitely lower it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971...6287212?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b72395ec
  6. HawaiiKid

Ouch, that first ones def up there. Second one is ok, but I like this body style more:

[​IMG]
  7. TELORVEHC

That one looks sweet with cowl hood, what year is it?
  8. grandparon

grandparon Member

I had a couple of '69s, years ago and love that body style, '67-'72. One was a long wide bed, the other a short stepside; Sorry, no pics though. Custom bike and matching truck is a cool way to go. Have fun!
  9. HawaiiKid

10. john1386

john1386 New Member

Chevy in the craiglist looks awesome.I like the design and color of chevy.Nice choice HawaiiKid.