1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any electronic cigarette users here?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by moogvo, Apr 9, 2012.

1. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I smoked a pack a day for 25 years. I never could quit using them. Now I have gone to the electronic variety. I used to sell them online, but now I just make the liquid that goes into them for some locals who love the stuff.

Aside from an "analog" (tobacco cigarette). Haven't actually had a real one in 2 months. Before that, a pack would last me a month or so for the last 2 1/2 years with the E-cigs.

my habit costs me about 8 dollars a month.

I use the Provape Provari Variable Voltage e-cig and usually vape a peanut/graham cracker flavor. The Provari kicks out enough vapor to be used as a Halloween fogger... almost.

What about you?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:glasses:Ohh I do,,,they are the coolest things.... I carry one with me all the time and when I am not stressed and all wound up i use it regularly, unfortunately my real cig use has only slightly been reduced, i still smoke almost a pack a day, about 20 instead of the full pack of 25(canadian thing) I will keep trying to Quit the real smokes but unless i am in the shop, or working at what I like to do.... I smoke like a dam chimney ....... hopefully soon i will feel crappy enough from smoking then i will quit once and for all... but its been 31 years of smoking and only feel crappy when i drink, and i quit that......
  3. moogvo

You just need to get the right liquid. If you found something you really like, you'd give up the analogs!
  4. johnsstart

johnsstart Rockstar 100 Posts

Sure really theres nothing special other then water.......moron's will buy anything and idiot's will sell it c(-; I'm offering a million to solve nothing.............but you wont smoke or ever do anything again "GET REAL"
  5. moogvo

Wow! Nothing shows ignorance like calling your board mates "morons" and "idiots" when they are discussing a topics that you clearly know absolutely NOTHING about. If you want to be perceived as intelligent, you will need to do 2 things...

First, Learn SOMETHING about the topic you are trying to discuss (before attempting to discuss it). Second, try to use better English and grammatical skills when presenting your point. Horrible composition, combined with name-calling terms like "moron" and "idiot" make you sound like you are a 13 year-old "know-it-all" punk.

There IS a third option... SAY NOTHING! People can't judge you for something you DIDN'T say! Also, waiting on someone else to post a solution to someone's question, and then you posting that you agree with them does not make you look like you know what you are talking about. it would be different if you had earned the reputation here of knowing what you are talking about. What if the answer turned out to be wrong? (That is what about 1/3 of your postings on here have been: "Yeah... That's right! What he said!").

I have also read postings from you advising a member to change their fuel pump because they could hear it working, I have read about you askinig people to send you ideas about games they would like to see on the site, that you walked your dog at 7:30 in the morning, I have seen you post "Hey! Good question! Maybe someone will come along and answer it", and about 50% of your postings were "HEY! Welcome to the club!"

Bitching about the games available on the site and errors on the forum that you caused for yourself in public forums instead of sending a private message to the Admin will not make others look upon you favorably. Most of us don't come here to play games. There are sites for that sort of thing. Why would you come to an automotive enthusiast site to play "Bejeweled" anyway? facebook might be a better fit for you.

Just to clear up any misconceptions about the ingredients in electronic cigarette liquid, it is only about 10 percent water. The remaining balance of the ingredients are propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, nicotine and food grade flavorings. All ingredients are pharmaceutical grade. And before you go screaming that they have antifreeze in them, you might want to be aware that antifreeze is made from "diethylene glycol", not propylene glycol.

Besides... People buy water-based products all the time! Soda, beer, car wash soap, shampoo, anti-freeze, paint... So what? Are you saying that you don't buy products because they are water based? If you don't buy water, what do you wash your backside with?

The Internet is full of bad information. When you comment without any knowledge, you are just contributing to it and spreading the ignorance. You made your "Big comeback" after 3 years of silence to make 3 posts this year, one of which you bashed several members with completely inappropriate and unfounded comments! You should go back to making "Welcome to the site" postings like you did before disappearing in 2009. Those were some of your best work.

Educate yourself BEFORE trying to educate others... Otherwise, you walk away looking like "Beavis and Butthead".
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  6. Dirty Dog

Well John... I guess i be a moron... at least in your eyes anyway... and i know what you are all about now,,, I just have enough class to keep it to my self...
    Have a great day ......:rofl:
  7. moogvo

Dirty, don't worry about John. He has over 100 posts, but none of them contain any intelligence or substance. A quick read through his postings and you will see what he is all about. This was only his 3rd post since 2009, so he will probably go away as quickly as he came.
  8. Dirty Dog

hmm!!!! wonder if he has a dodge in his closet.......:rofl:
  9. moogvo

Hmmm. I am more curious about what he has in his head.

One time I was at the shop. Stacey and some guys he deals with in Kentucky were talking about the '67 Cougar project he was building on the show. They were discussing front end fabrication so that the MONSTER 520 CID engine he was dropping in the car wouldn't twist the car like a rag when someone punches the throttle. The fabrication conversation was FAR beyond anything I had ever heard about, so I stood there like a dork with my mouth closed. I KNEW that I was MASSIVELY outgunned.

later, on the way to lunch, I said "Dude, I didn't mean to stand there like a creep-o groupie, but I had NOTHING to add to that conversation at all." He laughed and told me this:

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and let some people think that you might be ignorant than it is to open your mouth and prove it to everyone."
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  10. Vallez93

Vallez93 New Member

Ive been a smoker for a couple years now and I tried using electronic cigarettes to curb my habit, but they failed me, I stopped smoking for about 3 days and then went back to real cigarettes. The thing is, the electronic cigs dont hit or taste like a real cigarette and now that I have a new job doing some serious labor, I really need to smoke to keep myself from going crazy. I know that I need to quit smoking, but I really dont want to because I like it and now its just a part of my life.