any help with vent valve solenoid?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Nicholas23, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Nicholas23

Nicholas23 New Member

Hey i want to say thank you to every one that has helped me so far with my issue of the P0449 and P0455 codes. Im still having some issues. i have read on some other forums that a vent valve solenoid that is suppose to be for a cavalier will work on the silverado and the cost of the part is cheaper. Has anyone heard that? if so is it true? and if so what year cavalier/engine works with the 06 silverado with the 5.3? Also has anyone found this part some place cheaper than the dealership? if so where and does anyone have a part #? I dont really want to shell out the $150 for the part at the dealership if i could of got it someplce else for cheaper. Again thank you to everyone in advance for your help.

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Have you checked the charcoal canister that the vent valve connects to? It could be dirty or plugged and it's free to check and clean it. Pull off the hoses and make sure they are clean and also check where they connect to the canister to make sure the hole isn't plugged.

Also check out this thread:
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13703

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  3. Nicholas23

Nicholas23 New Member

i had it smoke tested at the dealership and they told me that vent valve solenoid is in op and needs to be replaced.

4. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

Get the part from the dealer because it comes as a redesigned kit and will last you longer. Very easy to replace.

5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nicholas,

Why don't you get the right part and get on with your life? This is the third thread you have started looking for a cheaper part. :neutral:

6. Nicholas23

Nicholas23 New Member

Wow! Well thanks! Ya know not all of us are made of money so sorry if my thread bothered you. I along with many others have probably ran into this problem so was looking for a cheaper solution. And I found it! The exact part that came off. So for anyone that has had this problem and doesn't want to spend the $300 to run extra hoses the AC Delco part #25932571. Hope this helps others and the truck is running just fine. Thanks for the help.

7. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nicholas,

You thread didn't bother me. I was trying to help you earlier and then you changed the Subject and started a new thread instead of keeping the same one and bumping it. You will find you will get more help if you keep one thread. Glad you found your part!