1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

any help?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by alabamaxrebel, Jun 15, 2011.

1. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel New Member 100 Posts

So yesterday and today whenever I go get in my truck, the clock has been reset, the date has been reset, my radio presets have been reset, and the AC is something different than what it was on when I got out.... almost like when the battery dies. BUT I got my battery checked yesterday and everything was fine. The battery connections are good on the positive and negative terminals...

Any ideas or is this just my already screwed up computer module system being stupid?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Who checked your battery, a auto parts store like AutoZone? If so they use what we call "toaster" battery tester that aren't real accurate. How old is your battery and do you have alot of aftermarket electronics?
  3. alabamaxrebel

autozone tested it. I have a radar detector and edge programmer. I unplug the radar detector when I turn the truck off and the programmer is automatically cut off. When I got in it a little bit ago, I opened the door and there was a beeping sound coming from somewhere in the dash. Im about sick of this truck! :grrrrrr:
  4. silveradotrailblazer

How old is the battery??
  5. groceryman

groceryman New Member 100 Posts

I know if i accidentally hit the driver 2 button on the door my mirrors ac and radio presets all change
  6. alabamaxrebel

The batter is im guessing the stock one. What I dont understand if the batter is not going complete dead (not having to jump start it) why is all the stuff on the inside acting like it had?
  7. silveradotrailblazer

I believe, may be wrong here but I think when the battery is getting low GM designed the truck so it shuts down some of the electronics so the battery does'nt go completely dead. If thats the factory original battery, about 4 years old I bet thats your problem. Try to replace it with a Optima battery.
  8. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

Has this concern been resolved? Please feel free to keep me posted. I know that we have been communicating via private messge. It may be useful to have a complete background of your concerns as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  9. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's what mine did when it went bad.....the hear here in arizona kills batteries and running them hard with aftermarket toys doesnt help!
  10. silveradotrailblazer

Well mrs. silveradotrailblazer remineded me that this is what her Trailblazer did when her battery went dead.