1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any ideas, I'm lost

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by monroefiredog, Sep 24, 2012.

1. monroefiredog

monroefiredog New Member

I have a 2004 Trailblazer that has been a good vehicle, but it got to running rough. I checked the we and everything said that I need to clean the Throttle body, so I did, using throttle body cleaner, with the throttle body off the vehicle. I put it back on, it runs smoother, but will not rev up, can only get about 3500 rpm....wide open. It also will not go into any gear now, so it will not move. All the gauges are at 0 or all way to left. Check gauges light along with other lights are on in cluster. The battery was weak , so i replaced it also. It sat a week while i was out of town and the battery was dead when I got back. I don't think that it was anything that i did. The gauges was acting up prior to cleaning the throttle body. But I don't know what it could be causing the no rev on engine and no transmission. Does anyone have any ideas....i am out of ideas....HELP PLEASE!!
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Ok, first welcome to the GMTC. Second you really only needed to start one thread 3 makes it seem like you are spamming the site.

Third, you must be throwing codes you need to read those codes to give you information on what is wrong, also what motor do you have and has this been a progression to being this bad. Btw check you throttle body sensors you may have connected them wrong or damaged them well cleaning.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Sounds like throttle body or MAF sensors...
  4. monroefiredog

monroefiredog New Member

Sorry for too many post. It is wife's truck, she said it was running rough and gauges not working .So I cleaned the throttle, it runs better, just will not move and kills battery. The sensors were not exposed to anything while cleaning, i had the throttle in my hand when I cleaned it. I do not have a scanner so I do not know if it has a code.
  5. TimTom64b

Could also be an issue with your cat converter... How many miles do you have on it?
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You can borrow them from auto parts stores like Autozone, but sense this may become a major project you should just buy one they aren't too expensive. But seriously are all the warning lights on because the problem may be computer based.
  7. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The yellow check engine light will be on if there are any codes.

Your problem can stem from a lot of areas, most will throw a code.

One thing that will cause an engine to run with little power is a clogged cat (exhaust gas can not get out).

Let us know if there are any codes.

Edit: I see TimTom beat me to the cat suggestion.
  8. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Limited engine speed can also come from a clogged up fuel filter. The gauges are probably a bad ground or a broken/shorted wire. the computer may also be cooked since it is having all of those problems.
  9. monroefiredog

monroefiredog New Member

The truck has 120,000 miles on it.
  10. TimTom64b

My gut feeling is leaning toward the MAF sensor... Recommended replacement is around 50k miles. My son who is driving my old pickup was having very similar issues as you... Kept getting worse and worse. Had know power... and gotten so bad would not rev above 2500 rpm when under load. Anyway, We replaced the o2 sensors, fuel filter, plugs and still no luck. I then had one last ditch effort and replaced the MAF sensor.. bingo we were good to go. His truck was around 120k also.