any ideas on mp3

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by cobra2end, May 8, 2010.

1. cobra2end

cobra2end Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone know it there is a spot to plug in a mp3 player into the factory radio in a 97 z 71. It has the cd player but im getting tired of having to take them all with me. or will i need to get one of the deals that plug into the dash that brodcast the mp3 to the radio? Thanks

2. GmTech

GmTech New Member

Unfortunatly there isn't. You'll either need to buy the FM transmitter adapter or upgrade your stereo head unit. Most new head units come with the mp3 player hookup.

1 person likes this.
  3. cobra2end

That sucks i was hoping there was. never does it work the cheep way lol. thank you for the info. I have not played with any kind of this stuff before so I'm learning slowly on all of it.

4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

1 person likes this.
  5. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

iv seen it somewhere before, if u have a CD or cassette player that is not connected to the radio, u can disconect it and connect a auxilery plug onto it. just do a little surfing online if u have on of the serperate cd or cassette players

1 person likes this.
  6. cobra2end

way cool thanks guys.

7. cobra2end

I think for now Im going to just get the deal that puts it on a radio station. Wal mart has one for 30 bucks and that just plugs into the cig lighter. Later ill get a new radio that i can just plug my mp3 into. Thanks again for all the info. By the way what do you guys think best music to cruz to is ? I have 8 gigs now to fill with tunes lol

8. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you like rock:
    Shinedown
    Nickelback
    CCR
    Alice in Chains (my personal favorite)

9. cobra2end

Oh yea got to love the rock :great:

10. brogers93

brogers93 New Member

I personally wouldn't waste money on the FM transmitter. The sound quality is usually horrible with lots of static. Save the money and just buy a new head unit with iPod jack.